Client: The Skinners School
The Byng Hall is an existing hall that was originally constructed in the late 1800’s at the same time as the main school complex and has characteristic Victorian stone and brickwork details externally and moulded joinery and panelling internally.
A benefactor who had been a pupil at the school provided funds for the hall to be altered and refurbished to provide an up to date theatre in a setting that was in keeping with the original buildings on the campus. The hall now provides a theatre and music facility with a full stage, lighting and retractable seating to add increased flexibility to its potential.
Other Related Projects